Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Last Week's activities

Last week I worked on Friday the 15th from 8 am til 10 am.

I am just now getting around to posting because my computer is broken, and I have been swamped. Dr. Yanoviak cancelled class again so I got to spend extra time at the zoo, which was nice. I made the fire hoses stuffed with alfalfa again, but instead of cereal the apes got dried cranberries and raisins. I'm sure they enjoyed that a lot!

Mikey and Louie are adjusting great. Ann said that they are wanting to install a rubber "doggy door" type window so that if they and the other chimps decide to they can lift it and interact through the bars. This will be good, as they are going to need to be integrated soon. Sadly we will need to cut down on our interaction with Mikey and Louie as they prefer to interact with us and will ignore the other chimps if given a choice. Obviously, this will not help their social standing.

I wanted to watch the Orangutans this time, but they grabbed their hose and wandered around the corner out of sight. I did watch the aftermath of the chimps, and saw Chance trying to find the last morsels of fruit in a hose that someone else had already processed. I also saw Mosi with a hose, and he has improved his dexterity a lot. Before he would just play with the hose, but now he is starting to shake it and pull the alfalfa out. Of course, he still put it on his head at one point. So silly!

I am going to try and go tomorrow morning before Archaeology. I have to work tonight so I'll see how I feel when I get up. If I can 't go tomorrow I will have to put it off until this weekend or next week, which is Thanksgiving. This semester is flying by.

No comments: